Overcoming Obstacles

Obstacles. We all know what those are, they love to show up when we are trying to pursue a goal or a purpose. They come in many shapes and forms and sometimes they're even disguised as people.  
To be completely truthful, theres been times ive used my obstacles to my advantage, I've used them as excuses to keep me from having to work a bit harder than I have to to reach what I truly want or need.  
Obstacles are made to be overcome. They aren't suppose to stay in your life and make a home. So we have to make sure we hurdle over them, even if at times we get pulled down with them or even if we fail, the point is to try and to try again if we have to.
I know!!!!!!! its easier said than done. Like I said before, I don't get excited about having to run against the wind, so there's been times I didn't try at all or even tried to come up with pretty good reasons as to why these obstacles were reasonable. Shoot! Some of the unnecessary arguments I've had with my husband are thanks to this.  
But let's say I've realized that progress is better than perfection and struggling for a purpose is better than struggling for no reason at all. 
Before overcoming obstacles, its important first to be able to identify them. There's a verse in the bible that I keep thinking about while writing this, its in John 10:10 "the thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." I know that anything in our life that plays as an obstacle is mostly thanks to the evil-doer. 
Think about the things that you need or want on the other side of these obstacles, other than fortune and fame (which can sometimes be more of a curse than a blessing) most of these things are healthier living, better wife/husband, better relationship with Christ, a job, etc. These things ultimately enrich and give satisfaction to our lives, which is what God wants for our lives too.  
So what keeps us from getting there--- the theif of our purpose--- are the obstacles. So these obstacles will try to steal, kill and destroy, and perhaps not literally. I think the the evil doer knows exactly what to steal, sometimes its our confidence, trust, self-esteem, innocence, anything that will make us think that its better not to try at all.  
What do they look like? Well, I would hope that by now in life you've gotten better at figuring this out and if you haven't, then I hope someday you will. They are disguised in bad boyfriends who never intended to make you a wife, in friends who keep making you think what you are doing is fine, in family members who keep telling you that can't, or in thoughts that tell you you're not worth it. Obviously there are other types of obstacles that happen without you having any control like a loss of a loved one, a house burning..etc. While some of these obstacles could have been prevented and others could not, they all share one thing in common, they can all be overcome.  
How that will be done is totally up to you. I'm not really an expert at that but I do have some ideas. Some obstacles in my life have been overcome mostly thanks to God. Either he made the obstacles disappear, or he helped me figure out how to get through it. Most timed He's taught me that not everything is easy especially the things we want the most. So if you want to be a wife, that is respected and loved, more than likely the boyfriend that keeps cheating on you and lying is not going to be the guy who takes you down that aisle or if those chips that cost only 99 cents when you have 2 dollars and an empty stomach aren't gonna get you to the size you want. Just be real, you have to look at the bigger picture, what's gonna get you towards Gods purpose...a rich and satisfying life.

-Yours Truly, 
Samilove


What do you think about this post, comment below. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope y'all enjoy this entry, I understand it does not have a clear answer for how to overcome obstacles but thats only because I believe everyone has there own way of doing so. :)

    ReplyDelete